Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Howard Power and tonight's qualifier links



This just about sums up everything I'm thinking tonight.

I am sick to the teeth of the US playing so shakily the last few games. Just good enough just is not good enough for me. So I'm getting a bit nervous. But Tim "Greatest American Hero" Howard seems to working the problem, or so he says here.

I have to admit, I've been so busy to start this September that my footy blogging has been somewhat limited limited to whatever I can put together or crib here and there. So that wonderful piece of art up top is courtesy of The Offside Rules, yet one more footy blog that is on my short list of those I check almost every day. I can't recommend SF's work enough.

Also, if you're looking for a clearinghouse of sites previewing tonight's game, check out the always-great du Nord.

Prediction tonight: USA 3, T&T 1

(And tonight, I also see that there is an MLS game going on opposite the US MNT AGAIN!!!!!!! I ignore these games that don;t involve Dynamo because I think scheduling like this is an abomination. But just to keep my predictions as complete as possible, here's the one for tonight: DC UNITED 3, KC WIZARDS 2. More on this in my MLS prediction post later this week.)

No comments: